Lots of you liked this look yesterday, I was getting lots of likes for it on both Instagram and Facebook in both my personal and blog accounts. This was primarily shot to show the use of the lip and cheek product I featured but people kept giving me feedback on how they loved the look as a whole. It really is the most minimal sort of makeup I would ever wear usually on weekends or when with family (which is often), a “no makeup” makeup look if you will. Cue the acapella version of “True Colors”. I feel like I cast myself in a Dove ad ‘coz of this photo.
I put this look on the other day before heading out to visit my grandfather and since many of you liked it so much I’ve decided to share all five products I used to create it. It also just occurred to me that I didn’t need to use a makeup brush in general, I only did at the very end to do some buffing and retouching but I didn’t really need to. The look requires minimal effort and you can use your hands for every step except the brows and lashes.
1. BECCA Luminous Skin Colour Ultra Sheer Foundation in “Camel” SPF 25 (they were at Adora last I remember, hope they’re still there, my niece got me this in the US, any sheer base you have will do)
2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in “Ginger” user friendly because of the wand and its creamy consistency, sets to a matte finish, good enough for spots as well as under the eyes.
3. K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow Pen in “01″ This is one of the closest local brow pens we have to match that phenomenal SUQQU Pen Lisa Eldridge always uses. It’s water and sweat resistant and doesn’t give the drawn-on brow effect, it gives a more natural look
4. L’Oreal Shocking Extensions Waterproof Mascara - This is the US mascara that does it all for me, volume, length, waterproofing, and superb curl hold. A good local one is L’Oreal Double Extension Curl Waterproof OR Majolica Majorca Edge Meister Waterproof.
5. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink – Enough said about this awesome lip and cheek product, the color is what makes it rock, I’ve reviewed it in FULL here.
It’s also the sort of look guys and people who know us best tend to appreciate, minimal, radiant, and fresh. For girls who have problematic skin just switch the sheer base for a foundation with more coverage. I like this look, I shall be doing this on myself more often this summer.