These days you never know what’s going to happen, whether it’s an earthquake, tsunami, flood, fire or the “zombie apocalypse” it’s always good to have prepared what you’re going to grab in the wake of a sudden disaster.
I’ve put together a backpack of stuff and made a video where I talk about what and why on these items.. The following video loosely follows the categories of First Aid, Beauty, Clothing, Food and Survival tools I’ve prepared for myself and for my family. Check out What’s In My Emergency Pack. The full list of items and some things I might have missed mentioning are written below this embedded video.
1. Lightweight but sturdy bag or backpack, comfortable for running with and appropriately contains the following categorized items.
2. FIRST AID KIT – Bratpack travel rollout pouch, bandages, bandaids, Ricqles Peppermint Cure liquid, SunPlay Sunscreen SPF 130, bandage, gauze, band-aids, alcohol swabs, povidone iodine swabs, antiseptic swabs, surgical gloves, cotton buds, aspirin, non-aspirin, antihistamine, Biogesic paracetamol, scissors, toothbrush, matches, desiccant, Cure exfoliant sachets, The Face Shop skin essence sachet, Chlorhexidine/HIBICLENS antiseptic.
3. MINI MAKEUP KIT – Muji clear pouch, Ecotools retractable powder brush, Tarte Amazonian Clay blush, Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation mini sample, The Face Shop Phytogenic Infinite Concealer Duo NB25, MUFE Aqua Liner liquid liner, Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Mascara, Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm, Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream Lip Stick, MAC Brow Pencil “Lingering”, Missha Luminous Color Mini Lipgloss, MUFE Rouge Artist Intense #17 lipstick, A’postrophe Nailcutter and Tweezers, The Face Shop Lash Curler
4. Water/Drink Bottle – 1 liter
5. CLOTHING PACK – Disposable undies, Antibacterial wipes, jogging pants, cloth undies, 3 top options, a pair of shorts. I’d also bring along my all-weather Columbia jacket.
6. FOOD/SUSTENANCE PACK – Cup noodle veggie soup, EDO Japanese Nori (seasoned), Ocean Spray Trail Mix Dried Fruit and Nuts, Century Tuna Lite easy-open can, Twinings tea sachets, starchware sporks, Light My Fire Titanium Spork (check outdoor sporting stores, got mine at Paseo Center, Sta Rosa), Payless Instant Noodles Chicken Corn Malunggay, starchware takeaway box, dried fruit and 2.5 cups of uncooked dry rice sealed in ziplock packs.
7. SURVIVAL TOOLS – metal carabiners, personal key sets, mini flashlight, Swiss Knife, waterproof flashlight (I recommend Maglites or Life Gear), MY BIBLE – in the end this is what will truly keep me going from the inside out.
THINGS I’VE NOTED THAT I STILL LACK : Lush Shampoo/Body bar, Small deodorant stick, Light My Fire firestarter thing, mini cooking pot, army Swiss knife, fishing line, insect repellent lotion.
… To full post & COMMENTS...
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” JOHN 16:33 NIV