BHLDN.com is a European bridal site that offers editorial picks on everything bridal for your wedding day, kind of like an online “bridalzine” if that is a word. My cousin Paolo Valenciano’s fiancee, Sam, messaged me this morning encouraging me to do video tutorials inspired by these ones she saw on BHLDN which actually stands for BEHOLDEN from the Dutch word “to keep” or “preserve”. I’ll embed the Romantic video look below, but you’ll have to check the rest on BHLDN.COM or directly at these links which are the Lady look, Bohemian look, and the Muse look.
Sam worked with me on my first studio folio shots as a makeup artist and actually helped launch my professional career and next year she’s getting married to Paolo <3. I wanted to share these with you because these simple hair and makeup how-tos by BHLDN are nothing short of exquisite. Note to those who’d like to follow these looks, no foundation was used apparently in most of them, just skincare, a bit of unmentioned concealer maybe and pressed powder, I’ll include the list of products they used as shared on their site.
- Prep hair with Redken Smooth Lock Shampoo & Conditioner
- Comb Redken Full Frame Protective Volumizing Mousse through hair with fingers
- Gather hair and tie into a topknot; let sit for 20 minutes
- Release hair; fluff with fingers while blow drying to add volume
- Part hair on right side
- Begin French braiding hair along the hairline until you reach the back of your left ear; fasten with a small elastic
- Starting from the right side of your part, French braid toward your right ear; do not fasten
- Gather all loose hair together and backcomb to add volume
- Begin folding hair under and pinning to create a pretty shape a the nape
- Place tiara directly behind the main braid on top of your head
- Start pulling at braids carefully; release a few pieces to create airier look
- Oribe Super Fine Hairspray!
- Prep skin with Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser, Facial Toner, and finally Facial Cream
- Lightly apply Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Primer over entire face
- Tap on matte pressed powder to set
- Brush Smashbox Softbox Eye Shadow in ‘Fizz’ across your entire lid, including the inner corners of your eyes
- Curl lashes and brush on black mascara
- Fill in eyebrows following your natural arc with a like-colored pencil
- Rub Smashbox Cream Cheek Trio in ‘Show Biz’ on the apples of your cheeks
- Apply the same hue to your lips, and voilà!
- NAILS: OPI Nail Lacquer in ‘Heartthrob’
… To full post & COMMENTS...